Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Crazy Cool Homeschooled Kids

I have super cool kids!
You may think of homeschool kids as a little different.
Sheltered.
Weird.

Well I do agree, they ARE different!
They SO are.


They like to be with their parents!


They are excited to learn!


They are comfortable in their own skin!


They are confident!





They are self-motivated!




They enjoy playing with their siblings!


I am thankful for my crazy school of kids!



They like to play!


They love crafts!

Sometimes I get worked up thinking about what other people might think of us.
All those kids!?!
Homeschool!?!?
Chiropractic!?!?!?

I'm not sure why I care but naturally those feelings come to the surface sometimes.
In these times I have to stop and look at my life.
The things that will last.
The things that matter.
When I look at "us" in those terms, everyone else seems weird:)

10 comments:

Grandpa Russ said...

"When I look at "us" in those terms, everyone else seems weird."

There will come a time in your life when, in a reflective mood, you'll think back to these days and wonder how you ever managed. . . while at the same time, waxing nostalgic about how much you miss the hectic craziness.

And then you'll smile with a warm glow in your heart. . .

Love,
Dad

Susan L said...

I love this Colleen. I needed it today. Thanks.
:)Susan L

Melissa Schreck said...

Luv it! You could not have said it better! Beautiful Family!

Jill Macknicki said...

Love it! What really is the definition of normal anyways?

Sheri said...

Wow you have cute kids. Love your blog! Be blessed :)

Pamela said...

What wonderful differences they are. Makes me sad for all the kids who don't have such lovely childhoods. Thank you!

Obwald Family said...

when it comes down to it there is not really a "weird" and "normal" there are just God's created people in His image that He created on purpose to be and do amazing things if we let Him in. If "normal" is what is out there in pop culture then NO THANKS, I will take "weird". Love you and I appreciate the sacrifices you are making for your family.

Obwald Family said...

when it comes down to it there is not really a "weird" and "normal" there are just God's created people in His image that He created on purpose to be and do amazing things if we let Him in. If "normal" is what is out there in pop culture then NO THANKS, I will take "weird". Love you and I appreciate the sacrifices you are making for your family.

Home Sweet Stang said...

love this post....it is a great inspiration! love you! love you

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

I feel cheated of the childhood my own homeschoolers had.

I remember "burn out" at Year Five, but thank God we all survived the major changes our family endured (relocation, traveling the country in a 30-foot RV). All of us reflect on those years with warmth and joy, and I'm glad to hear the kids say they're better adults today as a result.

Heartening post, Colleen. Are you wondering, "Why did we wait so long?"